Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Crochet - Twinkie Chan

I love everything Twinkie chan does, she is one awesome crochet lady who produces super amazingly cute things. I now luckily own two of her amazing things, her heart cookie and her cupcake beret! 



A while back she posted a free pattern and video to make candy garlands, since they are just a rectangle I thought now was the chance for me to learn to crochet - with something cute and simple!

Ta daaaa, these took way too long and yeah - don't look too closely but I'm still proud as punch. I think I found crochet slightly easier than knitting but yeah don't expect anything else from me, I still have two scarfs on the go (as promised presents) from 2011 :p

Twinkie chan's tutorial is here but I also needed some additional help :p I used Meet Me At Mikes tutes for learning to make a slip knot and to start me off with chain stitch and then I used this YouTube video to get more familiar :) Each Candy took me a good few hours to do...yikes but it was really fun!

If you want to see some amazing crochet though check out my Twinkie Chan goodies below!

even though it's too hot too wear at the moment, this super cute cupcake beret gives me one thing to be excited about winter for!

It's cute cherry and sprinkles on top!

and my heart cookie!
can be worn as a clip in your hair or as a brooch :)

I'm definitely going to rock it on valentines day!!

28 comments:

  1. TOO cute! It looks like a little cupcake I have on my bed<3

    Come by soon!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I approve of anything cupcake related!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. it is, perhaps even cuter in person :)

      Delete
  3. Oh such cute!!! :)
    Nice job crocheting too! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too cute in your beret. Loving the pink lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mariko, the pink lipstick is by an awesome etsy seller called Fierce Magenta
      here is a link to the colour I'm wearing:
      https://www.etsy.com/listing/122906982/bright-pink-lipstick-nourishing?ref=shop_home_active_3

      it's pretty crazy! he he he

      Delete
  6. I want more pictures of you,you are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you can definitely be proud as a punch! I tried crocheting before and it did not turn out like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hid the really bad sides :P lol

      Delete
  8. these are so cute. and twinkie chan's blog is so so adorable! i too have a couple of scarves that i said i would gift to my husband... from four years ago. oy..! :0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you sound exactly like me Jane, the worst part is I even got them to pick out their own colours and everything, so it wasn't just said on a whim :P oops

      Delete
  9. gorgeous pieces! the hat looks awesome on you. did I tell you that you look so much like Winona Ryder?? xx

    Katrina Sophia Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny, I actually get told that a bit, especially when my hair is shorter. When my hair gets a bit longer I turn into Drew Barrymore, both amazing compliments I take with pleasure :) weeee!

      Delete
  10. mega adorable! I have been meaning to learn how to crochet for years! I just never get around to it >_> maybe this will inspire me :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think sometimes you just have to go for it!

      Delete
  11. You are the absolute cutest!!!!! PS Proud of you for attempting the crocheted candies!!! They look absolutely fine! They would look more round and less long if you had the styrofoam balls inside :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks!!! Yeah I had no styrofoam balls in my bag of craft goodies - which surprised me because I have a lot of random-ness in there :P They were super fun though - thanks so much for inspiring me and making ridiculous cute things :)

      Delete
  12. SO adorable!!! I love the cupcake beret too. You did a great job with the crochet candy!! Off to check out her site now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute Fiona! you look so adorable with the cupcake beret and the pink lips (and what a lovely idea to crochet a cupcake with colorful sprinkles!). I also started knitting last year a scarf for Dani but I have not only given up I even have started another knitting project, this time for me (ooops!). That sounds really terrible, but my excuse is that my cousin recommended me to switch to bigger needles because it is easier to work with them and Dani doesn't like the look of that big knots in him. I hope I can keep my promise when I got more skills :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Ahh I'm glad I'm not the only one with some promised projects, he he he! Bigger needles huh *lightbulb moment* I actually like the look of big knots and I'm imagining it would be a quicker project too! I'm constantly making my knitting super tightand it's hard to get the wool off the needles sometimes, so yeah, bigger needles for the win, I'm thinking!

      Delete
  14. Yay for a new place to find crochet things! Thank you for sharing!
    (That heart cookie looks *SO* cute in your hair!)

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)