Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Gremlin Embroidery 05/

All finished and re-positioned in the hoop
I finally finished the Gremlin embroidery, Woohoo! I still think I could of done a little more refining but the Christmas festivities and my lack of pace meant a near-enough finish :) :) I will say, my respect grew immensely, over the year for Chloe Giordano and her fabulous work which was my initial inspiration for the Gremlin piece. Embroidery is time intensive but it's also therapeutic and has a lovely end result, plus a fun way for me to be creative in 2016.  

Gremlin gets to hang out next to the amazing Ariel, super blog buddy Damaris made for me!

Below are the final progress shots 




Now I just need to think what Gremlin (and Peaches!) craft I'll tackle in 2017 - any suggestions?

Gremlin Craft 2015


6 comments:

  1. Wow. I love the detail on the fur. Looks amazing. I tried embroidery once. While my heart wished it could make all different kinds of pieces, my hands just could not see through it. It's just been one of those projects that have been put off. Hopefully this year will be a year of making for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest after this piece I haven't got my heart set on doing another :P We were watching a movie the other night and I did go to grab my embroidery and then quickly did a face palm motion :P I have a little hole in my heart and maybe once I take a little break I'll consider another piece - I might have to tackle a Peachy piece at some stage - although her fur is tortoise shell, so I'm not sure if I'm ready for that challenge!

      Delete
  2. Yay! Well done:) It looks so beautiful! I really enjoyed following the progress you made throughout this project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice to hear, I always like when other people posts little updates too!!

      Delete

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)