Tuesday, May 19, 2020

bought/gift/made 20

Made/ 
With people panic buying tissues here in Australia, it made me reassess my own usage and finally get around to sewing up some hankies. In hindsight, I feel a tad guilty for not doing this sooner. Not only are hankies reusable but they're so much softer on the old nose.  I simply cut up an old pillowcase that I no longer needed, made rough rectangles and sewed the edges over so they wouldn't fray.  I've been using them for a few weeks and they just require being thrown into my weekly wash and they come back perfectly clean :)



Bought/

When we first moved into our new place, wecks jars were the first thing I bought.  I'd been doing some reading about storing food in plastics and was keen to go the glass direction.  I first caught onto wecks when we were dining at one of our favourite cafes and they served our smoothies in wecks jars.  I straight away googled the brand and a few weeks later I had made a bulk order.  A year on, almost all of our food is stored in wecks jars.  The only downside is I've caused a few chips around the top edges.  I think the chips were most likely caused by not aligning the lid properly when closing.  I would definitely recommend them, I would just advocate being extra careful when closing.






Gifted/

Some beautiful passionfruit from my friend's parents's vine.  Passionfruits were one of the first plants I put in our garden - 4 vines in total!  One of the vines bloomed a few weeks back so I'm hoping my own passionfruit aren't far off from fruiting :)



YUM!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Fee! New reader here! I'm so glad to be able to stumble across your lovely blog :)

    I really love what you've done with your old pillowcases, it made me think about all the times I actually just turned them into rags or threw them away. This gave me an idea the next time I have old sheets to spare! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely project!

    Wishing you well!

    Cheers,
    Hanna / Heydays With Hanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww hey Hanna! Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm definitely also much more conscious of throwing out old sheets. The pillow cases I used had started to become slightly threadbare which actually caused the hankies to be even softer - win win! :) :)

      Delete

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)