Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Monthly Poetry Challenge - May


no words.

poetry swirls,

beat down rhythmic anxiety twirls
incense lit to mask unrest
people gather and linger together,
a desert of ideas, blank paper
scented with sweet floral vapour.
And the first of the flawless
tulip bulbs, cut, wrapped and
sent in yesterday's newspaper.


This month, my brain was consumed with many things that I didn't have the joy of letting it wander freely with words.  I'm glad I have this challenge though because a few days ago, I forced myself to carve out some time just for that.  After a year on, the housekeeping of losing Dad continues and it's going to continue for a while yet - I'm thankfully, feeling strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)