Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Monstera Artwork/2

Back in 2019 I made a Monstera rainbow camo woodcut artwork (say that fast 3 times!).  I've since been commissioned for two more pieces and I just finished up the last.  They are really fun to paint because I get to make colour decisions and shapes as I go.  During this latest piece, Ben and I watched movies together as we both worked on our art - a very sweet and wholesome way to spend our evenings together :)

monstera artwork

painted monstera leaf
For this leaf, I used some lime green which helped the piece pop.

painted rainbow monstera artwork

monstera art close up
I made sure to keep some of the wood grain showing through alongside some neutral paint tones to avoid a complete colour chaos :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)