Thursday, July 25, 2013

Botanical Gardens - Cacti Garden

One of our first dates that I can remember is Ben dragging me to the botanical gardens and being pretty relieved when it was over. Guess what three years together, has done to me? yup...it's made me appreciate plants! I think that's such a nice thing about dating someone that their interests rub off onto you :) Just to prove I'm not lying I actually suggested we visit the botanical gardens this time, no prompting needed, he he he! I was wondering if Winter would cause the visit to be more boring than pretty but the gardens seem to be designed with the various seasons in mind. I actually took way too many photos so I'm going to break it down into two posts, today you get the cacti!










 I love cactus and made a bee line straight to them!

8 comments:

  1. I love botanical gardens! This is reminding me that I should visit the gardens in the Bronx!
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a super nice day out and they're free, well the Brisbane one is anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos. I love cacti and it never ceases to amaze me just how many varieties there are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's insane! they are so ugly and beautiful all rolled into one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an excellent rub on interest Ben passed onto you <3

    Cacti and succulents are my favorite plants!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes I agree, thanks Ben!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh I LOVE cacti! those are some mighty delightful photos! I think thats a sweet idea for a date, I might have to drag my boyfriend along to the botanical gardens now haha. Thanks for the idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's definitely a great date idea + they usually have nice lawn spots for picnics that would be even cuter!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)