Thursday, April 24, 2014

30 Things before 30 - PART ONE

In the lead up to hitting 30 in three days time I wanted to jump on the bandwagon and do one of these "30 things before 30" lists.  My list is about my past, tips I've learned and complete randomness. I'm going to mix it up and add in a series of questions that Jane from always with yoo (awesome blog) tagged me in which I'll put in italics.  I'm also splitting this into a three part-er so I don't melt your brains with fee overload!

01 // Where were you born? 
Brisbane, Australia 

02 // I'd consider myself an extroverted introvert. I really appreciate (and need) time by myself but I do alright in social situation (hopefully anyway).

02// If you could listen to any conversation between two famous people who would they be and why? 
I'm going to go full lame on this answer and say (judge away) Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield - Purely because I feel like they would have such super fun and silly conversations that would make me smile :)
source

08 // The worst food I've ever eaten and I don't recommend you do is raw prawns - especially if you love cooked prawns as much as I do. My Dad's Mum used to call me the Prawn Queen :)




04 // If you always manage to smudge nail polish because you can't sit still for a messily 10 minutes (like me) painting your nails in your car, well before you start driving, is awesome.  You need to make sure everything is ready before you paint, your seat belt is on, sunnies, etc. as you don't want to be fiddling with freshly painted nails.  Just make sure your trip is 10 minute + for the polish to set and you're set!

05 // What does your name mean and is there a story behind it?
My Mum named me Fiona because she had a childhood friend with that name and had a fondness for the name after that.  I always introduce myself as Fiona but within two weeks most people are calling me Fee - I like both equally and refer to myself as both but never at the same time :P

06 // Crystal deodorant! I'm lucky in that I don't really sweat too much and I've heard people say that crystal deodorants don't do anything for perspiration but if you're like me and just get the BO stink happening, crystal deodorant all the way! Why? Well ever since someone told me about the low breast cancer rates for Japanese women and a possible link to breast cancer (Japanese deodorant rarely has aluminum) I jumped on the crazy natural bandwagon.  To be honest I did absolutely no research on the breast cancer subject, I just thought it was a simple switch and why not?  The crystal also lasts ages, so even if the cancer link is false it's a money saving tip for sure :)


sneak peak of the next collection series to come!

07 // what was your first job ever? 
Brumby's which is a bakery (check out the badge above) though it was pretty awful. I had a creepy owner and was given way too much responsibility for a 16 year old - locking up the joint by myself, with a safe full of money.  I may or may not have set off the alarm on my first close as well, I then proceeded to go to a pay phone to ring Dad to ask him what to do whilst the alarm was going off in the background, no mobile phones back then, or none that I owned or took to work :P

09 // If you don't want to cry in movies the answer is hard maths, or at least maths that you can do in your head that's semi challenging and thus distracting.  I normally start with a number, add other numbers to it, multiple, subtract - you name it until the sad scene is over.


10 //  What was the most recent compliment you received?
"You're more cute than Gremlin" - Ben.  Even though I know he is being silly I thought it was pretty sweet :) 

I'll be back tomorrow with part two and the next ten random things about me - stay tuned!


18 comments:

  1. Nice post! I like the term extroverted introvert. I think I may be one of those too :-)

    www.rowdyfairy.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deep down I'm definitely an introvert but on the other hand I don't mind being super social some times :)

      Delete
  2. ha, I always call myself an introvert with extreme extroverted tendencies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup definitely sums me up, I can be way too social sometimes and other times all I want is to hide in my cave :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely. I love the mix of practical advice and personal details. I feel like I'm getting to see a whole other side of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben really knows how to compliment a cat lady! :) :) Love the mix between questions and tips. I also love cooked prawns (king prawns, shrimps, everything similar) but don't like the raw version so you made me smile, luckily I am not alone on this :) Like to learn about the reason of your name, I think it is very sweet of your mom and love to see the peek of your collection (swoon!) . Off to second part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Ben is pretty good on the compliments :P How amazing are prawns but definitely not raw :P he he

      Delete
  5. you have a pin collection .D?

    i always love to read this posts about birthdays and lists,wish i was not so lazy and go trough with something similar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day when you're bored you should definitely Sara :)
      Yup I've already photographed my pin collection just need to find some time after this party and I'll blog away!

      Delete
  6. i love this! such a cute compliment ;) and my friend is a total extroverted introvert. thanks for sharing the story behind your name. i'm always so intrigued. yours is such a sweet one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww just getting to catch up on your blog - love these 30 before 30 ones :)
    You're such a super cute soul Fee - I love ya to the moon and back - definitely one of my most treasured people :) see you tonight for mega fun happy times! (Hopefully sneaking a gremlin cuddle if he's not too scared) YAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww - so super nice :) Was so so so great to see you guys *super hugs*

      Delete
  8. so lovely to learn more about you, fee! :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh - no problems, thanks for kind comments :)

      Delete
  9. Love that nail polish trick! I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good because you're forced to stay still in the car and even if you drive a manual you can still change gears etc, because all the places your hands rest - move to don't interfere with the polish :)

      Delete

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)