Monday, October 13, 2014

Woofstock

Ben and I headed to our nearest local town, Eumundi for woofstock! Auto correct keeps telling me to change it to Woodstock but that wouldn't be near as fun to say outloud. When we arrived the event was quite small and Ben and I looked at each other with pleading eyes of fleeing but we stuck it out and I'm glad we did because we got to watch some fun awards like doggie talent show and best dressed! I'm also quite proud of myself for tackling my fear and approaching strangers for photos. Since I mainly took photos of their dogs, I'm only going to add Rocky and his lovely owner (in matching black hats and white ensembles) to my 100 strangers project :) Two down - 98 portraits to go!

One of these poodles (damn my poor memory!) Claude took out the award for best talent with impressive dance moves :)

No awards for this little girl but I think we can all agree cuteness to the max!

Rocky and his Mum -  Rocky took out second place for best dressed :)

And Chino took out top prize - I was speaking with him mum and she told me she hand sewed his entire outfit!!

It was funny to walk through the stalls (100% aimed at dog owners) and be asked if we have a dog and then have to admit we didn't. We didn't go quite as far to say we only had a cat but hey I'm sure a dog friend will be in our lives at some stage - just doing some early research :)

21 comments:

  1. this is so cute! you take amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most adorable post ever. <3 I got your email btw. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much cuteness here! I love the name Woofstock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may or may not of spent the day saying it outloud :P

      Delete
  4. oh my dog! i'm tickled pink with cuteness! you did such an amazing job of capturing these furry guys :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane - super nice compliment coming from the awesome dog photographer!

      Delete
  5. Adorable!! I love dogs, but not as much as cats :-)

    Katrina Sophia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh hard one - I think I have been pushed to the cat side too but yup, I love love love dogs!

      Delete
  6. How cute! The portraits are so good Fee! This type of dog shows must be so much fun to attend, I even watch them on tv, it's always so nice to see how they are dressing and trying to discover that similarity that it is said exists between dogs & owners ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I was definitely watching out for similarities too! The dog talent show was pretty funny because a lot of the dogs got cold feet :P

      Delete
  7. Oh gosh! Those are the cutest little furballs! It's nice you stuck around even if the event wasn't that grandiose or as vivacious as other doggie events. I guess there's something with the name too. Hahaha! I love the outfits of Rocky and Chino. They truly deserve those awards. Thank you so much for sharing the lovely pictures! Wishing you and everyone the best of health!

    Sherri Briggs @ The Pet Glider

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely turned into a super fun outing for us - the dogs definitely were deserving :)

      Delete
  8. Ahhhh how cute! I feel like dog people have so much more connection opportunities than cat people. Wouldn't it be cool to have a cat festival like this? I guess kitties aren't all that social usually, and their owners tend to be animal people, not people people haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny, you know I did picture in my head a catstock and then I laughed for even going there in my mind :P Maybe cat people could meet up and bring a picture of their cat but as you said, I think cat peeps are more on the introverted side - can't help but make that generalisation too!

      Delete

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)