Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Emaya's Home

When I arrived in Fitzroy and dropped my bags off at Emaya's house I was blown away by how pretty my temporary home was. For those living in countries with much longer histories than Australia, you'll probably scoff at me for being in awe at its "old-ness" but seriously it was pretty incredible and I kept thinking I'd probably pay for such a house tour :p

First up my favourite feature - the prettiest sink you ever did see!

Seeing bikes inside was novel for me. Ben has a mountain bike but currently lives (sadly and unloved) outside.

One thing you should know about Emaya is that she has impeccable taste, ornaments included :)

I loved the huge windows in the rooms and all the super high ceilings.


That staircase on the left leads up to the attic, I got a sneak peak at the room (minus my camera) and it was so beautiful! Maybe I shouldn't say that because I don't have photo evidence - I know I know, I'm a bad blogger!

Cute black fireplace

Oh hang on they did have some unloved bikes as well :p

The kitchen which when the oven got going, turned out to be the warmest part of the house  :)


Bikes in the hallway

I tried to channel my inner interior magazine photographer

Emaya's cute kombucha vessel - have I talked about kombucha on here yet? I've been drinking it pretty much solo for about a year now.  I probably should write a blog post on it and how awesome it is - maybe, I'm lazy!

The bathroom killed me with cuteness!

How good is the pink shower curtain with the green tub and basin!

Maybe I've found my calling as an interior photographer :) I realise now I kind of forgot to take more wider shots and yup, got a bit lost in the details but I think details are always my favourite.

Tomorrow I'm blogging about my first few days in Melbourne-land and it's going to be chock full of food related adventures :)

20 comments:

  1. What a lovely lovely home! And that really is the prettiest sink ever. You'll make a great interior photographer Fee. I'm so wishing to see the attic....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the current attic resident is a photographer too, maybe he'll swing over a photo :) If you're reading this Brodie - help us out! (he he he)

      Delete
  2. looks fantastic. and reminds me a lot of Berlin. very eclectic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to add Berlin to my travel bucket list :)

      Delete
  3. Super cute :) love the staircase :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The staircase was awesome! Half way through I did have the thought how did they get their belongings up there because it's so tiny and steep. Apparently roll up mattresses are the go :)

      Delete
  4. Loving all the smaller detailing, especially the tiles above the sink, toilet roll holder and insect artwork. Such a lovely home!!

    Emma Jayne x
    http://www.emmajayne-designs.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this house is just so full of character I love it. My favorite I think has to be the toilet paper holder. And yes, the house is beautiful, but it also takes a great photographer to capture its uniqueness. Beautiful photos.
    Juli xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always too kind Juli!! The toilet roll holder is so awesome :) I never really thought about having a fancy one before but now my dream house does!

      Delete
  6. Your friend lives in such a pretty pretty place full of the personality from the owner! Love the bathroom, green sink & bathtub with pink curtain, perfect combination! I love the mix-matched tiles, the rose one has the same color combo as the complete bathroom, what a cute detail! The sink reminds me so much of the one that was at my grandparents home, oh! and the tall ceilings, gorgeous! If I ever move to another place I would look for tall ceilings :) Your pics are ace, such a good eye capturing all those details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't the colour combos amazing!! I definitely feel in love with that bathroom :) I also didn't realise I was a tall ceilings gal until I noticed how awesome they are! :)

      Delete
  7. you're right, emaya does appear to have an eye for interior decorating - hers is such a unique space, very full of character! i just love all the details and you certainly have a knack for picking up on them. i'm very curious in learning more about kombucha since it's become something of a craze over here - please do share your insight some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kombucha is so easy to make and it's super delicious :) I'll be sure to write it down on my list of "things to blog about" :) :)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful little place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a wonderful space! that spiral staircase is everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you will die in Porto and never want to go back with all the old stuff ahah your friends house is really really pretty!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)