Friday, February 26, 2016

Vintage Australian Playground





This is the type of playground I remember playing on as a kid. They're quite rare to find these days, so when I drove past one (on my way to a wedding) I had to pull over and take a couple of photos as proof. I'm sure I've talked before about the playground safety reform and the emergence of new safer playgrounds and to be fair I do remember those metal slides got very very hot in Summer and thus a fair point in removing them.  Still, nostalgia runs deep for me and I can't help but get a little sentimental seeing these basic guys still standing. 

I'm crossing my fingers and toes for some cool ones in Japan!

7 comments:

  1. Holy crap my heart leaped when I saw these photos. What suburb is this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awesome hey :) I actually took a photo of the street sign, it was in Mirra Street, Burpengary :)

      Delete
    2. Ahhh! I used to live near there! Crazy times.

      Delete
  2. Remember when teeter-totters were a common site on playgrounds? Nowadays they just look like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I'm thinking an easy way to loose some front teeth! I remember I was always the lighter one out of my older brother and myself and I think in that case lighter isn't better as you stay up high and then have crashing lows :P

      Delete
  3. Love this. And I love how you stop to take photos. There were so many times when we would drive somewhere (for weekend getaways) and would see a tree or just something that I wanted to take pictures of but never stopped. Then of course I would regret it afterwards. It's one of those things I'd like to improve -- don't miss out on opportunities! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't worry I'm the same - though I do think it's easier when it's just yourself to pull over. In my head asking someone to pull over is under the super annoying category!

      Delete

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)