Monday, August 22, 2016

Japanese Kombinis

Food was probably my least favourite part of the holiday just because I was trying to stick with my vegan aspirations and I found not being able to read labels made the process super hard. I'm sure there was a lot more I could of ate and a lot of things I ate that were definitely not vegan but next time I think I might put in a bit more research effort before heading over. Since we were on the road most of the trip, Kombinis became an easy breakfast, lunch and sometimes dinner option, so this post is an ode to them :)


On a random side note, I was pronouncing the kombini above, like the drink sunkist (but more like sun-kus) when we got pointed out its actually pronounced 'sunks' oops!









6 comments:

  1. When I was in Taiwan a few years ago these little convenient stores were also a lifesaver for me to get quick meals :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and they were super helpful for us with our language barriers because the process is so streamlined and easy! I do think in comparison to Australia they also seem to stock healthier type food as well which was another plus - although there was lot and lots of junk food too!

      Delete
  2. I still dream about Japanese convenience stores. Such delicious food at such bargain prices. It still blows my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gif! I love the packaging of these snacks.

    Katrina Sophia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so neat hey, and their packaging is not only pretty but very helpful, there's always pull tabs to open things and instructions on how to do it :)

      Delete

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)