Thursday, August 31, 2017

GOMA - August 2017

For the past few months, the galley of modern art has been all about its marvel exhibition (which Ben and I were too stingy to pay for but I heard it's awesome). Luckily GOMA still had a few other exhibits in display and still lots of free accessible art over at the Queensland art gallery. One thing I was super thrilled to find was lots of textile and indigenous art. I've put together a post of all the artworks which caught my eye and as always, if you want to find out the artist or art title of any work, just click on the photo and it will take you to my Flickr with all the relevant tags :)
















Goma - water colour


I've had this Jeffrey Smart piece as a postcard for yonks so it made my heart do back-flips to see it in real life!

















"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." 
- Pablo Picasso

2 comments:

  1. oh how i love indigenous art! also that quote at the end :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so amazing to get all that visual inspiration and eye feast!

      Delete

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)