Thursday, November 1, 2018

Year of Blooms - October

blog flower project

azaleas flowers
So with October came a lot of flowers! 
We're definitely in the thick of Spring here in Australia :)

 A local bush, came abundant with pink azaleas so I took the opportunity to do some mini shoots with my wooden stands which I'm sure I'll be flooding my instagram with at some point (#sorrynotsorry :P)

red flowers with rain drops

It also rained a lot which I'm sure the flowers loved!

october spelled out in flowers

hanging basket red geraniums

wooden stool - australian maker
Ben bought me a sunflower just before he left for work which turned out to be the shortest hitch ever (only two weeks) hooray!

purples pansies
I tried to get into the habit of taking flower photos on my morning walk

pink flowers african violet
My african violet looking very happy

wooden stool handmade
So many pink azaleas!

planting sunflowers
This month, I planted the sunflower seeds that I got when I went to visit Ben's Nephew at the start of the year. They have already sprouted so I'm super excited to see them grow tall!

Rose Easter Cactus

I picked up a Hatiora Rosea (aka Rose Easter Cactus) from Bunning the other day, I knew nothing about the plant but the little pink buds sold me straight away.  To my surprise those buds opened into flowers a few weeks later - a definite face palm moment but also a super excited face too!


bought flowers

Ben also bought me a sweet bouquet!


girl with azaleas

I went crazy with the azaleas! tee hee


orange nasturtium

Nasturtiums were still thriving this month!


girl with sunflower

Amaryllis Bulb

And an Amaryllis sprouted in the garden!


sunflower wilted

pink cactus flower
A fun flower month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)