Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Monthly Poetry Challenge - March



dancing gold charms, strung beside pearls
a tiny locket, meets a tiny girl
the sailor's anchor next to the cross
a starfish matches the red rose across
the moon touches the sun with her dainty face
and a heart with a tiny emerald encased
bumps the clover and the oval initial pendant
and the seahorse and horseshoe that cram in to fit
gold links and a clasp to keep in the wish
to visit the Eiffel tower far bigger than this.



I wasn't sure if there would be a poem this month, well, one I was pleased with.  I wrote the following on the 20th of March.  I found myself alone at work for a second (what a gift!) and pulled out a pen and paper from my bag and scribbled this down.  I don't know how it works.  I just know you always have to be ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)