Tuesday, April 14, 2020

bought/gift/made 19

My last, bought/gift/made post was a year ago! 
I really love doing this blog series so I'm re-erecting it today :)

salt of the earth natural deodorant review
My normal deodorant of choice is a simple salt rock I've been happily using for the past 5 years.  I invested in this roll-on deodorant because I wanted a harder-hitter when I shoot weddings. I do need to preface this by saying I don't sweat much but if I don't wear deodorant I do get b.o.  The Salt of the Earth roll-on (in lavender + vanilla) was backed up with loads of positive reviews and after using it for a year I can happily agree.  The scent is just enough (a muted perfume of sorts), the deodorant rolls on easily without leaving white residue and it completes the job of making sure I'm not a stinking mess by the end of my wedding day.  The only thing I can't comment on is its effectiveness against perspiration.

cat bed stump
At our old rental, Ben and I had a fun challenge - who could make the better cat bed!  


Both of us were fed up with the tacky store-bought options so we drew up our own unique design.  Once finished, we got all our friends to vote (and our cats :P).  It was a fairly even score but my bed had the slightly higher cat usage :P. The wooden stump above is how my bed started and evolved into the final design below.

wooden stump cat bed design
I used wooden materials we had lying around and scored the fluffy cushion from fb marketplace for a few dollars.  


wooden cat bed diy
Pretty proud of myself!

Now lastly, in the gifted category, possibly the coolest gift anyone has ever given me, a dorodango.
compounded dirt ball
What a crazy, cool, insanely weird gift! 

Dorodango is an art form where you compact and refine dirt/clay/mud until left with a polished sphere! It's from my friend, Shane, who used dirt and clay from around his house and gave it to me as a combined Christmas/house warming gift. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)