Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Monthly Poetry Challenge - August

 

monthly poetry challenge

Or Maybe It Was Elijah Wood



purge the evening to

wake to prada eyes

caught between worlds

between celestial stars

and short tempered words

lush mornings move slowly

into dry days with a silver

locket refusing to stay

and yet I dream, dreams

of vacations together with

daniel radcliffe, in merry

flirtations.


This month seemed as if I threw my plans up into the air and let everything go.  Similar feeling to the past few months (especially with the miscarriage) but this month, in particular, was more about smiling as everything fell down around me.  A crazy silly month where my writing matched the silliness.  I'm smiling (genuinely) yet also carry this unwanted unease.  Maybe you feel this too? I flip flop from acceptance and feeling free (amidst the chaos) to a secret wish to have all my comforts and routines returned - to find my centre of calm.




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)