Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Monthly Poetry Challenge - November

poetry challenge



the golden sphere of memories
with outer shells so soft that
drift and fade and escape and
disappear leaving only a chunk
so solid in form to never burn or
leave or change that holds your
 
love that can't be robbed. 


November was a weird month, my bag being stolen set the tone. Dad's old court case resurfaced which I keep trying to forget exists :P  Next April will be two years since he passed. I can't quite believe two years have gone without him or that his grave still doesn't have a headstone or that we still haven't wrapped up his business. Last night I couldn't sleep, dreaming of our front doorbell being pressed. Excited nervousness about testing for a pregnancy in the morning (that would turn out to be negative). Lying awake in bed, I noticed my whole body vibrating as if tiny little charges were being set off all over. I nearly woke Ben up but I decided to just be curious and lie with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)