Friday, January 1, 2021

Monthly Poetry Challenge - December

 

monthly poetry

as dreams are set and flames ignite
and words are slurred late in the night
and loose hands wander, close lips unite
the tiger king, the deadly bat and that
rising global thermostat, the world
blackout, the lives of black and the
divisive tin foil hat, wolf pack, who
ride the line down the yin and yang
as the clock strikes twelve and the
cheers of praise, drunk on tequila, hope
champagne, singing words of auld lang.


That wraps up 2020 and my monthly project of poetry sharing.  I had so much friggen fear sharing at the start of the year.  I'm not exactly sure what bad thing would happen but I definitely wasn't overjoyed to start.  I'm really grateful for my monthly challenges because every year they show me what you can do in a year (if you keep it simple!) and that fear is a pretty silly construct (unless it's stopping you from falling off a cliff!).  I'm still putting together next year's challenge.  I'm also going to keep writing poetry.  I send out a weekly newsletter over on my other site (www.spirityou.com) and there is a form to sign up at the bottom if you're keen :). 

Happy 2021!!! I'm so excited to see where this year takes us :) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)