Tuesday, June 15, 2021

bought/gift/made 23

I haven't done one of these in a while!

BOUGHT: Swisse Argan Facial Oil

swisse argan oil
Love love love this! I've tried a few different face oils over the years but this is now my go-to.  A few years back I jumped on the facial oil bandwagon and realised there was truth to the madness of applying oil to an oily pimple-prone face.  I want four things from my face oil and this argan oil delivers on all fronts (for me!).  It has to smell good, it has to be affordable, it has to reduce my outbreaks and it has to have a good consistency.  When it comes to consistency my preference is for an oil that's not too thick or sticky but still hydrating and feels like I've applied something, I'm okay for an oil feel  :)


GIFT: Australian Natives
native australian plants
Our local council ran a free natives day where each person was allowed to grab two saplings.  I love the idea of encouraging the community to plants natives to attract local insects and birds ) :)

MADE: raffia basket weave
basket weave
I went to a first nations weaving workshop where they taught the group to do a basket weave with raffia.  They definitely encouraged us to take the skills home and find local materials to weave with. They mentioned how lomandra was used in traditional dilly bags and in my further reading at home found this amazing blog resource that takes a deeper dive.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)