Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Creative Mock & Submit - May

This month's Creative Mock & Submit is a week late because I originally painted the design, scanned it and then went about digitally vectoring it - time consuming (for me!).  After I was finished with the digital design I realised it lacked the original magic of the painted version.  So I repainted the design in some updated colours and cleaned it up in photoshop.  I'm submitting this month's piece to Melbourne company, Gorman known for its outrageously bright and happy designs. Last year they launched their kid's range, Gorman Playground and since, it's always been a dream of mine to design kid's clothing it was a no-brainer to head in that direction.

rainbow turtle shell pattern


The design emerged out of my current obsession for rainbows and patterns + my love of all things nature. I thought it would look super neat as a one-off design on a plain white tee, but also in a repeated design or even as a pillow! How fun would that be!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)