Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Book Review - Vivid


vivid

Vivid: Style in Colour is a book by Aussie stylist Julia Green and her partner in crime, photographer Armelle Habib.  I devoured it up because colour, interiors and travel photos are all things I love. 

Vivid: Style in Colour

colourful homes

In Vivid, Julia gives her take on each colour, followed by the beautiful photography from Armelle (travel and interiors) with brief snippets of text around each image to give hints and tricks.  Each colour highlights a specific interior with an interview from the owners.  

colourful interiors

interior book

home styling book

vivid book review

There were a couple of little things that bothered me, how the home shown in the chapter on the colour red, was very orange, how black and white are included but the last two colours on the spectrum were not and despite Julia explaining the definitions of shade, tone and tint, you'll find them misused later in the text. Nitpicky I know! Overall, the book is meant to inspire you to use colour and I definitely was inspired :) :) Julia is such a great stylist, I would have loved seeing her create scenes using art or incorporating flowers rather than just write about them but maybe that'll be the next book!  As much as I'm nitpicking it, I still absolutely loved it and *fingers crossed* for a future book where Julia does a deeper dive into her styling genius! Colour is such a huge topic it's almost impossible not to be left wanting more! 

8/10

home interiors book






No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)