Friday, January 14, 2011

GOMA

Last weekend, Shaz, Ben and I headed down to Brisbane to check out GOMA (Gallery of Modern Art) which I hope hasn't suffered since the flood hitting Brisbane!

Anyway it was rad and here are my favs!
Piece by Adel Abdessemed called "head on"

Plastic bag sculpture by Pascale Marthine Tayou, Ben hated this but my love of plastic, loved this!

Damien Hirst's "for the love of god laugh". Arghh awesome glitter!! *love*

Awesome glass mosiac panels by Monir Shahroudy Farmanfarmaian

Yayoi Kusama "Narcissus garden". I hope that's right actually I hope I've got all the artists right. This seems like a kusama work, with her love of balls :P There was a room you could line up and check out too, which sounds very kusama-esque, unfortunately we ran out of time!

Elephany by Bharti Kher. I've seen this one before maybe one of the AAPT's. The elephant is covered in tiny sperm bindi


Aurukun "campdogs"

awesome peacock! Unfortunately I have no idea who created this which is sad because it was one of my favourite pieces!

over at the other gallery they were having a Scott Redford exhibition, we were on a time schedule so we zipped through here but I reckon another visit is in order!


Martin Creed’s Work No. 965 Half the air in a given space

This was one of the coolest installations, a room filled with purple balloons. I had to wait around half an hour to venture into this one, but it was lots of fun!
I have a video to upload as well of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)