Saturday, August 20, 2011

Japan Day 12 Part Two

So the second part of the day we decided to go to the zoo. I have a love/hate relationship with zoos, the good part is on a purely selfish level you get to see animals you wouldn't normally have the chance of seeing but on the other hand you know their enclosures are just way too small. I don't know too much about Ueno Zoo, but let's hope they do lots of breeding programs and re-releasing back into the wild :)

So I'm going to let the pictures do the talking...




























I'll stop here and say that Japan had an unhealthy obsession with Pandas! I found out it's all because of the return home of Ueno zoos star attraction..the giant pandas!.  People were going nutty for all things Panda!



Trying to get a peek!




I made a little gif of the dude, just cause despite all his paparazzi hoo-ha, he was just chill-axing with his carrot :P Didn't even think he was all that giant :P Am I allowed to say that?

2 comments:

  1. PANDAS!! Definitely my favourite animal :)

    I definitely understand the love/hate zoo relationship, I have the same! At seaworld the other day I was so annoyed, cause they have all this stuff about people ruining the environment and hurting fish and stuff, and then one of their shows is a jet ski jumping demo thing?!?! I think I'm missing something there...

    but yeah animals are the best! Some very cute pictures here!
    And I love love love that sign about not feeding the animals hehehe cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think zoos are kind of hypocritical but then so am I, so I should be quiet now :P

    I love seaworlds huge aquarium though! totally trance enducing!

    Animals are the best!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)