Friday, December 20, 2013

Pelican Adventures


I love pelicans there is something so awesome about animals that defy stereotypes or at least those I've created for them - see in my head birds are meant to be small (canary sized) that chirp and fly around daintily.  Pelicans on the other hand are huge, unrealistically sized and I'm sure, if you were ever attacked by one as a kid would have left a lingering scar. I wasn't attacked as a kid so anytime I see a pelican I just get gleefully happy - this pelican was extra cool too as he really didn't give two hoots about humans or our proximity all he wanted to do was steal the fish that little boy had caught :p



He ended up giving up in the end, too many guards around :p
I thought everyone was a bit mean, personally I would of given him some fish!

8 comments:

  1. great shots!! I love pelicans too. and I see what you mean. they are so disproportionate... xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to feed the pelicans fish if we caught any. Love them funny looking things!

    Merry Christmas, Fee! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely pictures. i love pelicans. they look so cartoony for some reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay more pelican lovers :)
    That's awesome you used to feed them your fish Trishie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never saw a pelican in real life but i'm a bird nut, i love all birds and i thing they are one of the most great species on earth!
    lovely light in this pictures- i want summer back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the light was super amazing! Birds are so great aren't they and super intelligent too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures! Love the blue and brightness of them :) I've never been so close to a Pelican, I think I could not keep my eyes off him, but everyone is just playing so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think everyone is too used to pelicans being a nuisance but I think they are awesome and just clever for stealing fish! he he :)

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)