Thursday, May 18, 2017

Clay Peachy

You know how I try and do a cat craft a year for Gremlin (that was the plan anyhow!) well I figured Peachy shouldn't be left out either, so I present you....clay Peaches!!

I made three because I wanted to try out different glazes and because of how temperamental clay is. Turns out one didn't make it - I'm compiling a bunch of clay fails to show you guys at some stage too!

The littlest guy I tried to paint realistically, using a bunch of under glazes and it ended up being my favourite!

The biggest Peachy I dipped into paint and did a speckle effect on top (thanks Ben for the inspiration!).

I do really like her too but maybe the smallest one is just cuter because of the size?!?


You can see my clay Gremlin version over here 

6 comments:

  1. Fee, these are so cute! I really like the look of the biggest one, dipping is a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely have to venture into dipping more for sure! Thanks Sharon!

      Delete
  2. Awww look so much both of them! Couldn't choose although like Sharon I'm drawn to the dipping & speckle, while the little is so cute too <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Damaris! I think the bigger one has a cuter head and I too like the dipped/speckle thing going on, the smaller size just wins the cuteness factor for me in the end :)

      Delete
  3. I really really love these little cat sculptures <3

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)