Thursday, December 14, 2017

Melbourne 2017

The other month I went down to Melbourne to shoot this wedding and stayed at a lovely Airbnb, home of a florist and subsequently filled with plants and flowers (and lovely books). One book I read from cover and cover was 'note to self' by Connor Franta. The book is filled with stories and poems and photos and reminded me how much I enjoy writing little poems myself. I ended up filling my notebook with a poem a day and I'm going to scatter them through this post for you guys :)





I had to travel 
to get lost
to know I
wanted to be
home.

 











it takes a few turns to
find my true north
I adjust my backpack
and sling
my film camera
over my shoulder
peering down alleyways.
I've drawn myself 
a map creased in
my pocket and
as I dart across
to the shaded
side I ignore
my sore feet and
imagine all the wonder
waiting for me.











There's a fake flower
on the table
a dead rose
upon the fridge
a coffee book
glossed with petals

and within the glass
cabinet, a tiny bottle 
entrusted with rose mist.










my stomach holds
a tiny whirlwind
inside and my

hidden hands
shake inside
my pockets.

you can ask

yourself to be brave
and only hope
in return, you'll


listen.



4 comments:

  1. AHH
    I've been writing poems non s top lately too.... but I'm so nervous about sharing them. Maybe I'll take inspiration from you sharing yours? I don't know! I'm so not confident about my writing. I really like yours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, please do! I understand though, they feel a little more soul exposing, oppose to normal blog writing which to me is just translating thoughts. Although I guess that's what poems are as well! The moral of this story - SHARE YOUR POEMS!!! :) :) :)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love this line - you can ask yourself to be brave and only hope in return, you'll listen."
    And I love how this place gave you so much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It fueled my creativity for sure, I think next year I'm going to work hard on trying to switch up my routines to encourage this more :) We'll see how that goes, I really do like my boring orderly life a lot :P

      Delete

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)