Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Book Review - The Gorgeous Nothings: The Envelope Poems of Emily Dickinson


emily dickinson

This book is utterly gorgeous.  When I first landed my hands on the book it immediately struck me as a thing of beauty, its size yet delicate design makes it exquisite.

emily dickinson envelope poems

The layout and additional writings all support the beautiful work of Emily who kept old envelopes to write her poetry down upon.  It's nice to see her handwriting and to see the alternate words and spacing she used. 


envelope poetry of emily dickison

It's just a lovely book, faultless, and reconfirmed my love of my favourite poet!

10/10

Look back on Time
with kindly Eyes –
He doubtless did his best –
How softly sinks
his trembling Sun
in Human Nature’s West –

-Emily Dickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)