Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Book Review - A Room of Her Own

A room of her own, is an interiors book, dripping in opulence, style, wealth, and beauty. Flipping through the pages of 16 homes (20 women) it's hard to forget the class divide prevalent in society. Ultimately this is a book of interiors, belonging to rich white women.  Despite the imbalance, I found myself lost in the fantastical worlds of these creative women.  The writing by Robyn Lea is lovely and the glimpses into their homes definitely entertained my curiosity.  The title pages have the most brilliant collages and the book nails the ratio of text to images (I like my interior books image heavy!).

“I couldn't bear to be in a place that I didn't like the look of. It would affect my mood and make me unhappy.”
- Camilla Guiness


a room of her own

alice stori liechtenstein

interior book

marta ferri

creative women interiors

jj martin

home interiors book

a room of her own review

fiona corsini

interior design book

claire basler

jessica grindstaff

sue townsend

opulent interiors

Beatrix Ost

creative women book

Heidi Middleton

Robyn Lea Book

anna maria coronato

book review a room of her own

interiors of women

7/10


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)