Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Bedroom Reveal Before/After

I am so ridiculously happy to have our bedroom reno finished! It took us about 4 weeks to finish, which is way too long but we had work/life in between! The first picture below is the finished bedroom and then a whole bunch of before pics.  When people previously came around to visit I was really embarrassed to show them this room - it was soooo bad! Slightly terrified to show you but it does make the after photos that much better!

bedroom revealThe pretty after!

australian reno
The BEFORE - although at this stage we had cleaned the mould - the photos will get worse!

ben doing reno
Ben doing the ripping!

termite skirting mess
As we pulled down the skirting, all the termite eaten wood came crumbling down - big mess!

ben black and white
Big job!

peachy on drop sheet
The cats loved all the drop sheets though - instant playground!

reno reality
Since I'm normally set up in the bedroom, I had to move my desk and belonging out into the lounge

living through a reno
Chaos!

bedroom before photo
This was taken after we had moved everything out and the crazy amount of mould revealed itself in the full!

pre reno walls
The walls needed so much prepping!

mould on wallsCleaning, scrapping, gap filling and plastering!

wall cracks

bedroom mould
I hate even looking at these mould photos! Super gross!

renovation before
THE BEFORE and the...

after bedroom renoAFTER!
So fresh! Very grateful we finally kicked out butts into gear and made this happen

white light bedroom
So nice to sleep in here now :)

yellow door bedroom
Our yellow door!

shelf above bed
We're going to add a few more plants to that shelf, we want to make some nice ceramic planters for them first though :)

pink wardrobe bedroom
I didn't actually get a good shot of the desk but it's the reason the reno happened.  This desk was free off fb marketplace and as I was moving my old desk out and the new one in, I started to clean the mould off on the wall behind.  It freaked me out that I was only doing this one patch of wall and not cleaning the whole bedroom and as they say, the rest is history.

bright bedroom
So nice to walk into the bedroom now :) No more shame!

pink painted furniture
LOVE!

Eventually I'm going to move my stuff out to a studio on the verandah (when that gets built) but for now the main bedroom exists in this configuration :) 

Paint Colour Info: We painted the ceiling, walls, and trim in 'white on white' by Australian paint company Haymes. The walls were painted in an acrylic satin sheen and the trim was in an oil gloss. The pink wardrobe was painted using a local chalk company, Canterbury Blue and the colour was 'pixie pink'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)