Friday, July 22, 2016

Japan Road Trip: Shibuya

I always thought Shibuya was just for the famous crossing and overpriced stores but Ben and I managed to have a lovely roam around, changing my previous opinion on this part of Tokyo. The crossing is fun but there were lots of little and big stores we popped in an out of, plus a cat cafe, happily filling a few solid hours :)



Ben wanted to check out tower records because he read they sold Japanese comics in English subs (unfortunately only super main stream comics!) but I was surprised to find myself browsing and being inspired by all sorts of books and stationery and treasures.



Who wore it better?

Mega regret for not buying that amazing swan boat ceramic. I'm not sure what it is, maybe a soy sauce dipping bowl?

Gachapon

 And the elusive sushi cats!! (I'll show you which ones I got in my loot post later on)


Whilst strolling the semi back streets we stumbled upon a cat cafe, called cafe MoCHA

It cost 200 yen for ten minutes and to be honest, we didn't stay very long because it was sooo packed!

It was ridiculously beautiful though with an amazing view of Shibuya


In the middle of the main room upstairs was a giant cat tree with lot of spots for cats to jump up and sleep the day away. When we arrived a lot of cats had found higher refuge away from eager pats and photo taking. The cats left at arms reach were all busy being loved upon, which meant Ben and I awkwardly sat around, whilst quietly thinking of all our amazing free interactions with street cats and our cats which made the whole cat cafe thing kind of funny for ourselves :p

But hey I can definitely see the appeal, especially if you're living in Tokyo and can't have a cat yourself!





Behind the tree were also these bird cages hanging from the ceiling, I wholeheartedly love that the cats had many places to escape humans!

Some kitties didn't seem to mind though







I definitely recommend a stop to Shibuya, the train station with its many exits and entrances is a little manic but getting lost is sort of part of the experience as well :)

2 comments:

  1. That cat cafe looks amazing! Kinda sad we didn't do one when we were in Tokyo, but I guess not that there are a bunch in Montreal I don't really need to. Also, Japan has THE BEST book and stationary stores. I am obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a local cat cafe that I haven't been to either but it's on the to-do list :) Ahhh yes, their Stationery is the best! I'm really sad I didn't come back with tape, actually just last night I dreamt I got to go again and my backpack came home with just tape :P

      Delete

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)