Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Garden Update /3

I thought I'd do a final update of our garden because it's moving day today, so time to say goodbye. I've learned a whole bunch and got to spent some time, each day, outside watering/admiring the garden - an act that brought lots and lots of joy!



If you read my last garden post you know I had trouble with my new garden bed getting enough light and I was going to move the whole thing but then my garden pal Lowy suggested I try growing my herbs out of pots which turned out to be the best suggestions ever! I'm especially thrilled since I can easily transport them to our new home!


They took a couple of months but all my herbs have sprouted and the wonder of picking them straight from the garden for my meals, never gets old!

Some chives!

Lots of tomatoes from one vine!

I planted some mint (later than the other seeds) so they have only just started to sprout. 
I'm super excited to have them grow to the stage where I can pick the leaves for smoothies!

Spinach!



I decided to try my hand at growing some white sage so I could make my own smudge sticks :)
I'll keep you updated on their progress!




A random backpacker dropped paw paw seeds in the garden and they have just recently sprouted - at one point I counted 20 seedlings!



My passionfruit vine has completely covered the wall now! The new tenants seem keen on keeping the garden going so this will be a nice parting gift for them!





Goodbye garden, you've been a delight!

1 comment:

  1. Your gardening journey is so inspiring. I've always dreamed of having one, but our rooftop here in NYC is seemingly either sizzling hot or blanketed in snow. One day! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)