Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday Five - More Art Heroes

This week's friday five is simply more of my art heroes!

I don't think I've seen one her paintings where I haven't been blown away by everything about it. Krista has a distinctive way she draws girls that makes me smile from ear to ear. Nature is a big theme to her work and her inspiration, she writes, includes "storybook illustration, folk art, animation and vintage kitsch" which makes total sense when you look at her beautiful paintings!

2) Alessandro Echevarria aka skulldaggery who I found through facebook, ah the magic power of the internets! He has a wicked drawing style, draws a lot of animals revealing their insides and skulls and cute girls with cartooney eyes. When I see his work I'm sometimes reminded of rocko's modern life which is a really good thing!

3) Cuddly Rigor Mortis aka Kristin Tercek who I think I've known through livejournal, maybe my feeinjapan blog, anyhoo, I think she is one of the raddest artists ever. She use to create these amazing plushies and has recently gone over to the dark side, aka painting and now translates her characters into these flawless works. She is able to paint her imaginary world with such realism that I'm often, less speechless!

4) Mark Ryden, now come on who doesn't love Mark Ryden. Not only can he paint amazingly, but he combines sweetness and weirdness (my fav mix!) throws in a bunch of pastels and cute girls and ridiculously cute animals, with cartoon eyes! Meat, religion and lincoln always dominate his strange Worlds. I love the amount of details and textures he puts into a piece as well. I'd love to see a painting in the flesh! One day hopefully :)

5) Yosuke Ueno, an artist who also does insanely cute works! His paintings often depicts characters with rainbow hair, which is what drew me to him in the first place. Again just a flawless artist who I can't fault! Just lovely!!

3 comments:

  1. Love Cuddly Rigor Mortis, I'm so sad that I missed out on a couple of her wood paintings on shana logic :( but - you snooze you lose I guess!

    These are all awesome though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, that's sad! She sells prints in her store though! might be worth checking out :)
    see-ya tomorrow pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)