Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Five

Some top shops this week
1) becca stadtlander who does some really nice gouache paintings. Gouache is a thicker, more chalkier paint then watercolour and it pronounched 'go-wasch' or 'g-wasch'. Took me a while to learn that :P Anyway Becca does some beautiful paintings and this one below is a perfect example....
Buffalo!

2) Corcoise run by portugal artist L Filipe dos Santos has a lovely half realism half cartoon style, which I love! I feel some sort of connection to the people he draws, they have a lot of soul!
I feel the urge to give her a hug :P

3)I can't remember if I have blogged before about Apak or not, if not then I can't believe I haven't already! Husband and wife team, Aaron Piland and Ayumi Kajikawa Piland create these whole wonderful little world of characters and scapes in their paintings. I love what they wrote on their profile too.."They create artwork together as a way exploring the beauty, mystery, and magic of life as well as expressing their love for life and each other" awww!


4)Fourth of the list is Rosie Music, an artist from Mexico who simply does the sweetest illustrations! I love art that makes you happy!

5) And lucky last today is Iota Illustration by artist Oliver Lake, who clearly has the skills to pay the bills as his profile mentions he has been working as a professional illustrator. I love that graphic style that's remmiscent of children's books! Colourful textural and happy!
What more could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)